Saturday, February 25, 2006
- Net worth: The increase in net worth in the latest survey was due mostly to an increase in home ownership and an increase in housing prices
- Income: A decline in wages also helped account for the slow growth in net worth.
- Savings: The percent of families who said they'd saved in the preceding year fell 3.1 percentage points, to 56.1 percent.
- Assets: The percentage of families who owned assets rose 1.2 percentage points to 97.9 percent.
- Debt: The share of families with debt rose 1.3 percentage points to 76.4 percent.
- Stock ownership: The percentage of families investing in stocks, directly or indirectly through mutual funds, fell 3.3 percentage points, to 48.6 percent.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
- Open with as little as $100
- No monthly fees
- Free online transfers from your existing personal checking account
- Free electronic deposits and withdrawals
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Friday, February 10, 2006
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
The name I've chosen for my blog is a metaphor that represents our finacial progress in a climbing , upward moving motion...hopefully. I'll use it to record and measure the finances of me and my wife. I've come accross so many interesting and impressive blogs recently, that it's inspired me to create one of my own. I suppose I'll consider this post, the first step on "The Financial Ladder!"